Job opportunities with LWF and the Lake Winnipeg Indigenous Collective
We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team – and so are our partners at the Lake Winnipeg Indigenous Collective!
The Lake Winnipeg Foundation is accepting candidates for a Program Manager, as part of our Agricultural Water Stewardship program. This person will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of a water-quality monitoring program for agricultural beneficial management practices (BMPs), in collaboration with landowners, conservation partners and LWF science advisors
- Effectively managing program resources in response to existing and emerging priorities and opportunities.
The Lake Winnipeg Indigenous Collective (LWIC) is seeking candidates for a Program Coordinator. LWIC is a collective of Manitoba First Nations who are working collaboratively to seek healthy and equitable solutions for our waters and our people from the diverse communities who have a relationship with Manitoba’s sacred great lake. For more information about the collective, please visit LWIC’s website.
Working to strengthen relationships, internal governance structures and initiate collaborative projects, LWIC’s Program Coordinator will:
- Support First Nations around the lake to anticipate and respond to water rights and governance issues
- Establish and promote proper protocols that will ensure respect when traditional knowledge is shared
- Support First Nations communities in developing the capacity to collect, document, compile, and use data and knowledge about Lake Winnipeg.
These positions will be integral parts of our dedicated teams committed to the health of Lake Winnipeg. We’re looking for people with initiative, who take pride in their work and will contribute to our organizational cultures. Both LWF and LWIC offer a competitive vacation and benefits package and anticipate a potential salary increase for the right fit. We’re looking for a full-time, long-term employees and will hire as soon as we meet the right people.
Applications are due by Monday, May 6, 2019. Interested candidates should submit resumes through indeed.ca, where you’ll also find more details about each position:
You can also apply directly to the attention of our contracted Hiring Assistance Service, One Recruits, ATTN: Laura Wortley (www.onerecruits.com).
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.